Thank you for presenting a short course at the CEN 2023 Conference in
Basel, Switzerland. Please find below some guidance for creating and
submitting your short course for the conference:
If you want to know your session date and time then visit the schedule
All short courses take place on Sunday, 3rd of September.
Before the conference
Please get in touch with
us to inform us about the following points:
- Do you need to share any websites or datasets with your
participants before the course starts? If yes, please provide a link to
the website or datasets. Only participants of your short course will
have access to this link via conftool.
- If you want to communicate anything else to your participants, we
can share this via conftool. We will share a list of all participants
of your short course with you and you can also contact them on your
- Please indicate if you like the conference to offer a laptop for
your course (with only basic functionality, such as PowerPoint and
Zoom), otherwise, we assume that you will bring your own
- For moderating the zoom chat, a laptop that is connected to the
stream will be available in the room. Alternatively, you can also
connect to the stream from your phone.
Upload of presentation (if needed for your course)
- Upload your presentation via conftool if it is smaller than 10
megabytes. Clearly identify your presentation with your
presentation date and name in the filename (example:
- If your presentation is larger you can send it to us via email or
bring an USB stick.
- When logging into conftool you can click on “Your Submission” to see
- Then click on final upload.
- Only one file can be uploaded. If you want to share more than one
file, please zip them.
- After choosing your file please upload and save the data.
At the conference
- Arrive at the room at least 10 minutes before the start of the
session so that you can check with our technical support person for any
issues or outstanding items.
- Be aware of the time for your short course. We will have coffee
breaks and lunch.
- A technician will be present to assist if needed.
- A microphone will be used for all presentations.
- You will not be able to use a laser pointer if your course is hybrid
since virtual attendees can’t see the laser pointer. If you need to
point to anything in your presentation you have to use the pointer
within Powerpoint. Please get familiar with this before the