Thank you for presenting your poster at the CEN 2023 Conference in
In addition to the actual poster, we plan plenary Speed Poster
Sessions where you will have the opportunity to do a quick, 1 minute,
presentation of your poster to the audience. The aim of this session is
to make the audience aware of your poster and invite them to visit it or
Please find below some guidance for creating and submitting your
poster for the conference:
We will have two 30-minute sessions in which you can present your
poster. The sessions are on Monday and Tuesday mornings immediately
after the keynote presentation. You can see the session to which you are
assigned in the schedule
online. After your 1-minute poster pitch, your poster will be
exhibited in the welcome area for the rest of the day.
We are not organizing a dedicated poster session where you will be
standing next to your poster, but we encourage you to stand next to your
poster during the coffee break and lunch.
Size: A0 portrait orientation.
Printing: Note that there is no printing service at the
conference and you will need to bring your printed poster with
Speed Session Presentation Format
- Please submit your poster slide within your conftool account no
later than Wednesday, 30th of August.
- Please provide only one slide (no exceptions) in
PowerPoint (pptx) in 16:9 format
- Do not use any animations.
- The slide should include the following: poster title, author
names, poster number and 3-4 headline messages to encourage
attendees to visit your poster. You can also add your email address or
linkedin so that attendees can contact you.
- You will find the poster number in conftool
under keywords in your submitted abstract (number between 1 and 23 plus
an M or T for Monday or Tuesday, e.g. T1, M23)
- The slide must be in English
- We cannot accept any other slide format since we are
combining all poster pitch slides into one presentation.
- Keynote will not be supported because it cannot be played back on a
Windows PC. Please export your presentation as MS Office 365, using
filename extension ‘.pptx’.
- Clearly identify your slide with your presentation date,
name, and poster number in the filename (example:
- Please submit your slide within your conftool account no later
than Wednesday, 30th of August.
- We cannot accept USB sticks or files via email at the
When logging into conftool you can click on “Your Submission” to
see your submission:
Then click on final upload:
After choosing your file please upload and save the data.
At the conference
- Arrive 30 minutes before the first presentation of the day to hang
your poster on the poster wall. Or hang it in the evening of the day
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the first session of the
day is due to start since the Poster Pitches are starting right
after the keynote. Please introduce yourself to the session Chairs and
take a seat on the seat that is marked with your poster number.
- When starting the Speed Session after the keynote presentation, we
will ask you to stand in line in front of the room for your poster
pitch. This session will have a faster pace than other sessions. It is
very important that you remember your poster number so that you are
presenting the right slide.
- If you do not submit a slide, you can’t present your poster. Let us
know if you do not want to submit a slide.
- The presentation of the poster slides will be controlled by the
session chair. You will not be able to use a laser pointer or any other
- A microphone will be used for all presentations. Subject to speaker
consent, the audio will be recorded and synchronised with the
presentation slides and made available to all CEN attendees after the
- Remove your poster after the last session of the day.